Whether your business is a store, a management consultancy, a law firm or a photographic studio, everyone needs a website to show the digital world that you are here, what you stand for, and what you have to offer. With the millions of websites in the world you must make sure that you stand out from the crowd and maximize your chances to drive traffic to your website, sales to your business and money to your wallet. To succeed in doing that, you will need a reliable website builder, right? Today we will look at the Wix website builder. Wix has lots of excellent features, which will help you to make your site the best possible version that it can be. Through utilizing their huge range of apps and templates, you can make sure that your website is not only beautiful, but that it is also fully functional and thriving.
So, let’s take a dive into Wix and talk about what makes it a good, easy to use, website builder. When you are setting up your site, it is most likely that your primary objective will be to bring customers to your page, and provide them with a great experience while they are there. To help make this possible, Wix provides some of the following features which are designed to help you achieve this important objective:
- Contact Form – This feature gives people the opportunity to make contact with you and leave their details on your website. Plus, you can easily export this information for later use, so that you can send out personalized emails to your new visitors!
- Google Maps – You can display a map on your site which will give customers the precise location of your business
- Stock Images – Regardless of the type of business or activity that you are looking to promote Wix has an extensive library of stock photos to help you get the right message out
- Blog – What is a website without a blog? Regardless of what type of business you run, you should consider adding a blog to your site. A blog is a great way to share relevant articles, personal stories, or even specialized content related to your company’s niche
- Email Marketing – Wix provides the opportunity to organize email marketing campaigns known as ShoutOuts. A certain number of these are free each month, but you must pay after you go over the free threshold
- SEO Tools – Search Engine Optimization holds the key to success in promoting your business and your website, and Wix provides the tools necessary for you to achieve that important objective. The SEO Wiz is particularly useful for new website owners because it helps to break down all of the necessary steps that are required for SEO – such as keyword research and on-page SEO techniques
As you can see, Wix offers a huge range of products that can help anyone from a small business to an up and coming blogger, to promote themselves and their website. Wix has brought to the table a complete solution. Other Wix features that are designed to help you promote your business include:
- Online store – Help promote your business and its products and services through the establishment of an online store
- Community Forum – You can help build your business and following through the creation of an online forum on your Wix website
- Live Chat – You can answer customer questions in real time on line thanks to Wix
To check out the complete features of Wix please go to wix.com.
As indicated earlier, I have a website built on Wix. I have generally found the Wix website builder an easy platform to use. The only issue that I had personally while I was working with Wix was related to selling free content on my Wix Store. When I opened my online store, I put the usual array of both regular stock, and free products. However, at this point in time, Wix does not support free material being downloaded from an online store. Wix support explained that merchant accounts such as paypal and authorize.net are not able to process a payment of $0.00, and as a result, it is not possible at this time to sell free products. As a result, customers must contact me directly if they would like to download my free content.
As such, one of my requests for the future would be if Wix could address this problem so that it would be possible for me to sell my free content. Hopefully, this will be addressed in a future update.
Overall, there is no doubt that Wix as a website builder, is easy to use and offers some impressive features. Despite the issue of free products in an online store, I would use Wix to build any future websites that I may be working on. They are certainly reliable, and they will help you to create the best possible site.